Emu Oil is extracted from the large flightless bird found in Australia. This oil is prepared from the fat of the bird and has various medical to beauty benefits. One bird produces about 250 ounces of oil.
Know the advantages of using Emu Oil
The components of Emu Oil includes Oleic acid, Linoleic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Omega 3, Stearic Acid, and other fat components. It also comprises of antioxidants like carotenoids and flavonoids.
Vitamin A inside the oil help users to maintain a healthy metabolism. Whereas, Vitamin E maintains healthy cell membranes. Mentioned below are a few benefits of this Oil:
1. Enhances the elasticity of the skin : As an occlusive moisturizer, the Emu Oil increases the elasticity of the skin. The oil gets locked in the skin making it less dry and smooth.
2. Helps in Losing Weight : This Oil can help in losing obesity, all thanks goes, to the mono and polyunsaturated fats present in it. The oil reduces the bad cholesterol (LDL) and improves the good cholesterol (HDL) level.
3. Reduce Inflammation : As Emu Oil is a source of Fatty acids, taken orally can reduce
inflammation. In fact, this oil gives the amazing result to those suffering from gastrointestinal diseases.
4. Reduces Breast Sensitivity : Women who have recently given birth can use this oil in the form of cream to hydrate their nipple. When newborns latch in the breast of their mothers, they feel pain. Using this oil mixed cream maintains the elasticity of the areola.
5. Promotes hair and nail growth : When massaged on the scalp, the Emu Oil promotes hair growth. Ingesting the oil capsules help in the hair and nail growth. Massaging the oil regularly is a cure for thinning hair and decreases brittle nails.